Your Utility Connection
New Mexico excavation law places certain responsibilities with the excavator for preventing damage to underground facilities. “Excavator” includes one person with a shovel as well as heavy equipment. The law provides for a one-call system that the excavator can use free of charge to arrange to have underground facilities located and marked before an excavation occurs.
When you call for a locate, it is your responsibility to ensure the information is properly recorded on the request.
To request a locate or to ask questions about what is required, contact New Mexico One Call Toll Free at 811 Or Submit Your Request Online At The New Mexico 811 Website.
Things to remember:
- A minimum of two full working days notice is required.
- New Mexico One Call’s normal operating hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m, excluding weekends and holidays.
- If your locate request is for an Emergency, call New Mexico One Call by dialing 811. New Mexico One Call will process your Emergency request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No Emergencies are accepted by web entry.
- Locate requests should only be submitted for the amount of work that can reasonably be done in ten working days.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 3 hours of submitting your request, there may be a problem in processing your request. Please contact New Mexico One Call at 800-321-2537 to resolve any processing problems.