Your Utility Connection
To set up commercial solid waste services, contact Customer Service at 575-541-2111.
Compactors can be set up services by contacting Customer Service. Compactor (PDF).
- The City does not provide or maintain compactors; the customer must purchase or rent the compactor from a private company and make arrangements with that company for installation and maintenance of the compactor.
- All Compactors within the City of Las Cruces city limits must be serviced (emptied) by Las Cruces Utilities Solid Waste Section.
Roll-off containers are available in 10, 15, 20, or 30 cubic yard sizes. Roll Off (PDF). Open top or roll-off containers are large rectangular containers used for construction/remodeling material, trash, debris, brush and other non-food waste. There is a service fee per pick up and a tonnage fee depending on the weight of trash. Customers can contact Customer Service to schedule a container at 575-541-2111.
Metal dumpsters are available in 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 cubic yard sizes. Metal dumpsters (PDF)
All items must be bagged and dumpsters shouldn't be filled over the top of the opening of the dumpster.
Items that can NOT be placed in the dumpsters are:
- NO MEDICAL WASTE (per section 184.108.40.206 NMAC of the New Mexico Environmental Protection regulations)
- Hot ashes/coals
- Any vehicle parts
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Large yard waste items
- Concrete, bricks, and or rocks
- Anything that is toxic, combustible or hazardous
- Furniture of any kind
- Any construction or remodeling material
For all commercial recycling needs, please contact South Central Solid Waste Authority at 575-528-3800.