Abate: lessen, reduce, or remove
Emergency: Major Nuisance
- Abandoned/dilapidated/vacant properties that have become an immediate public health and safety issue that may have been damaged due to a fire or abnormal weather occurrence.
- Properties that is accessed easily by the public.
- Abandoned/dilapidated/vacant properties with no living legal owner or family contacts
- Abandoned/vacant commercial properties that may have multiple owners/investors.
- Abandoned/vacant residential properties that may be controlled by either a Trust or an Estate.
- Properties accessed easily by the public.
- Properties under foreclosure and are in “legal limbo”
- Properties with no know owner (rarely occurs)
- Abandoned/vacant properties with known owners that have nuisance maintenance issues.
- Foreclosed properties with nuisance maintenance issues.