LCFD preparing for Academy 37
The Las Cruces Fire Department is accepting applications for its 37th fire academy that's set to begin March 18, 2024. The anticipated graduation is in June 2024.
Applications for Fire Cadet must be submitted no later than Oct. 20. More information and a link to apply can be found HERE Version OptionsCareer OpportunitiesHeadline.
|Oct. 20, 2023||Applications due. Completed applications must be submitted online. Link can be found above.||Online||11:59 p.m.|
*A Physical Ability Test originally planned for Saturday, Aug. 26, has been cancelled. Please plan on attending one of the remaining three PATs.
LCFD offers Physical Ability Tests to prospective candidates, 18 years and older, to assess their stamina and agility skills before applying for a position. Firefighters will be on hand to provide tips and answer questions. Candidates should dress appropriately – athletic shoes and apparel are suggested.
|Fire Station 7, 1050 Crawford Blvd.||8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Oct. 27||Written Test (email notifications will be sent to all applicants with instructions to pre-register for the test. Individuals who fail to pre-register will not be allowed to test).||Las Cruces Convention Center||To be determined|
|Fall 2023||Personal History Statement screening. Successful candidates will be notified by Human Resources.||Las Cruces Fire Department Training Tower||To be determined|
|To be held between Nov. 27 and Dec. 8||Interviews. Successful candidates will be notified.||LCFD Training Facility, 1670 S. Valley Dr.||To be determined|
|To be held between Dec. 18 and Jan. 19||Background checks, physicals, medicals and polygraphs. Successful candidates will be notified.||To Be Determined||To be determined|
|March 18, 2024||Fire Academy start date.||LCFD Training Facility||To be determined|
|Aug. 31, 2024||Anticipated graduate date.||TBA||TBA|
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
- Valid drivers license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- LCFD will provide EMT-Basic course as a portion of the current Academy hiring.
- Prior to the start of the academy and as part of the selection process, candidates must pass:
- Acrophobia Test
- Assessment board
- Background investigation (to include a polygraph test
- Medical examination upon offer of position (includes drug screening)
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Written exam (has no study guide)
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out an application as instructed.
Apply now on the Job Interest Card. You will select Fire and EMS, as the Las Cruces Fire Department provides both of these services in our organization. Verify that your email address is correct before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received. Please be sure to check your spam folders and add the City of Las Cruces as an approved sender for all email correspondence.