Summer Recreation Program
In light of the COVID-19 situation, the Parks & Recreation Dept. is in process of creating a plan to continue our services and programs in alignment with the Governor’s Office and New Mexico Department of Health directives. Please check back here or look for notifications from our administrative office or information posted to social media for updated information.
Covid-19 Limited 2020 Summer Recreation Program
The 2020 Summer Recreation Program that will begin on Wednesday, July 15 – Friday, August 7. The program will be free and includes complimentary breakfast and lunch each day. Program and activities will follow the Governor’s guidelines on social distancing, masks must be worn during the camp, and hand washing stations will be provided.
Registration will begin Tuesday, June 30 thru Monday, July 6. There are two options for registering your child – online lottery registration or drive-thru lottery registration. Registration for the Summer Recreation Program is determined by lottery selection only. Participants who are selected for a site will be notified on Tuesday, July 7, by email or text message. Please review the specific information for both methods of registration.
- Online Registration
- Tuesday, June 30 – Monday, July 6 on e-trak,
- Drive-Thru Registration
- Tuesday, June 30 – Thursday, July 2
- A. Fielder Memorial Safe Haven, 906 N. Tornillo St. 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St. 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
*Program Lottery Forms must be turned in by Monday, July 6 between 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at these locations.
Winning lottery numbers now available. Families that are selected to participate in the program will be required to attend (virtual or in-person) a program orientation for the parent/guardian and child(ren) participating. More information will be provided when contacted for a program slot.
Programs will take place at the following locations, times, grade, age group and number of participants.
- A. Fielder Memorial Safe Haven, 906 N. Tornillo St., 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m., K*–5, ages 6–11, participants-10 max.
- Benavidez Community Center, 1045 McClure Rd.,12:00 p.m.– 5:00 p.m., K* – 5, ages 6–11, participants-10 max.
- East Mesa Recreation Center, 5589 Porter Rd., 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., K*–5, ages 6–11, participants- 10 max.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St., 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m., K*–5, ages 6–11, participants – 15 max.
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave., 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., 6–12, ages 12-17, participants – 15-20 max.
*must have completed kindergarten in 2019-2020 school year.
No telephone registrations accepted. For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Administrative office at 575/541-2550.