Neighborhood Leadership Academy
The City of Las Cruces offers the Neighborhood Leadership Academy for residents who reside within city limits. Participants will receive first-hand information about City services and programs through comprehensive presentations from City personnel, and on-site field trips to various public facilities.
We are currently working on planning a new class, stay tuned for more information.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a resident living within Las Cruces City Limits.
- Must complete and submit the Neighborhood Academy application form for enrollment.
The mission of the City of Las Cruces Neighborhood Leadership Academy is to provide improved knowledge of City government to residents, so they can become effective neighborhood advocates and community leaders.
- To develop neighborhood and community leaders.
- Provide an understanding and knowledge of City services and processes.
- Promote civic engagement and residents’ roles in decision-making processes.
- Increase residents’ pride in our community and understanding of how City government works.
This free program helps residents better understand how their city government operates and how they can work with the city government to preserve and improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods. Through weekly workshops of presentations and scheduled field trips, participants receive first-hand information about government operations, the scope of services and programs offered by the City and the appropriate way to bring about change within our community’s neighborhoods.
Classes & Participation
The Academy is a once-a-week evening course program for a total of 19 meeting times, which includes City Council recognition and graduation. Participants are encouraged to attend all classes to obtain a Certificate of Graduation from the City of Las Cruces. Participants who miss more than three classes will not be able to complete the program or receive a graduation certificate.