The mission of the Public Works Department is to provide timely, cost effective customer focused capital improvement and maintenance services to residents, businesses, guests, and City departments so they can experience safe, reliable, energy efficient, and accessible public infrastructure for our community.
The Public Works Department is a diversified department that takes pride in its work and directly contributes every day to making Las Cruces the best place to live, play and prosper.
For our current construction projects found in our Capital Improvement Program please click here Version OptionsPublic WorksHeadline. For current pavement maintenance projects please click here Version OptionsPublic WorksHeadline.
Public Works is comprised of six programs:
- Administration - The Administration Program provides leadership, administrative support, and strategic planning services to residents, business, guests, City departments, Office of the City Manager, and department employees.
- Engineering & Architecture - The Engineering and Architecture Program provides engineering, architectural, surveying, storm water and flood plain management services to residents, businesses, and guests.
- Construction Management - The Construction Management Program provides construction inspection and project implementation services to residents, businesses, guests and City departments.
- Traffic Management - The Traffic Management Program provides traffic signals, street lighting, signs, and pavement marking services to residents, businesses, and guests.
- Streets Management - The Streets Management Program provides roadway and sidewalk maintenance and cleaning, and flood and weed mitigation services to residents, businesses, and guests.
A Pre-Construction Public Awareness Meeting for the University Avenue Water Line and Mill Overlay Improvements Project will be at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023, in the Senate Chambers Read on...
A lane closure will be in effect from Monday, Jan. 30, 2023, to Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, on Amador Avenue, for eastbound traffic only, between McSwain Drive and Compress Road. Read on...
Intermittent shoulder work on Madrid Avenue, from Solano Avenue to Sexton Street, will start Monday, Jan. 30, 2023. Read on...