The City will present an educational workshop, “New Mexico Capital Outlay Workshop,” for community members from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 10 in Council Chambers at Las Cruces City Hall, 700 N. Main St.
“This workshop came as a recommendation from Mayor Pro Tem (Kasandra) Gandara asking that City staff educate community members and organizations about the City’s processes for community groups participating in the State’s capital outlay process, as well as giving the community an opportunity to share their priorities,” said Amy Johnson Bassford, Grants Manager.
The free workshop will provide participants with information on:
- Understanding the basics of the New Mexico capital outlay process and procedures.
- The timing of planning and advocacy.
- Community advocacy for City of Las Cruces projects.
- Organizations seeking funding, and how the fiscal agent process works.
- Capital improvement programs and the Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan.
- How to make the most of advocacy efforts.
Presenters will include Amy Johnson Bassford, Grants Manager; Cynthia Campo, Capital Improvement Plan Management Analyst; and Larry Horan, City lobbyist. State legislators and City Councilors have been invited to attend and, time permitting, will provide input on the State’s process for Capital Outlay.
At a City Council Work Session, beginning at 1 p.m. Oct. 10, the City’s capital outlay priorities for the 2023 Legislative Session will be reviewed.
For information about the workshop, contact Amy Johnson Bassford, Grants Manager at 575/541-2281 or by email at email@example.com