Daytime summer water restrictions, which are in effect annually from April 1 to Sept. 30, have expired for 2022.
Beginning Saturday, Oct. 1 and continuing through March 31, 2023, Las Cruces Utilities water customers are allowed to water outdoor vegetation from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. only on their designated watering days. When summer outdoor watering restrictions are in effect, no watering of outdoor vegetation is allowed from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on designated days.
The LCU Water Conservation Ordinance and Regulations permits residents to water outdoor vegetation with:
- Even-numbered addresses on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Odd-numbered addresses on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
- No watering is permitted on Mondays.
Use the 24-hour LCU Water Conservation Program Hotline, at 575/528-4444, and leave a recorded message to report water waste that includes:
- Watering on the wrong day.
- Water leaving the property or ponding on the property.
- Not using a bucket and shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles or pavement.
When calling please provide the day, time, address, or location. The TTY number, for people who are hearing impaired, is 575/528-3541.
LCU customers can monitor their water and gas consumption, set up alerts, usage limits, and pay their bill by signing up for free at LCUtilityhawk.com.
LCU encourages residents to use water wisely to conserve for future demand.
For information, go to www.LCUtilities.org/WaterConservation or call Rhonda Diaz at 575/528-3549.