The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will offer a free eight-day camp that will provide enjoyable and dynamic winter indoor and outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and active games for kids from kindergarten to the fifth grade.
This year two camp locations will be available:
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.
- Booker T. Washington Elementary, 755 E. Chestnut Ave.
Camp hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Camp dates are Dec. 19 to Dec. 22 and Dec. 27 to Dec. 30. Camps will not be scheduled on Dec. 23 and Dec. 26.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Children are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle and a pillow and blanket for rest time.
Registration is ongoing until filled and can be completed online at www.las-cruces.gov/play or during regular business hours at the following locations:
- Parks & Recreation Administrative office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave., 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Las Cruces Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave., 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Space is limited, first-come, first-served.
For information, please call Out-of-School Time Programs at 575/541-2610.