Operational changes to the City of Las Cruces Senior Program will begin Monday, March 16, 2020, until further notice, because of COVID-19.
The changes are consistent with, and in support of, the direction from Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who issued a public health emergency, and New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department. The City of Las Cruces Senior Programs, is taking precautionary measures to ensure every person’s well-being, based on the Governor’s recommendation that large public gatherings be avoided, particularly for individuals with high-risk medical conditions.
The operational changes will be:
- Participants in the congregate lunch program will continue to receive scheduled meals at all the centers between the hours of 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in a drive-through setting.
- Participants are asked to please continue to make reservations and cancelations by calling 575/528-3012.
- Entrance and exit points will be designated for participants to drive up and receive a meal.
- Home based services such as home delivered meals, homecare and respite care will continue without interruption.
- The grandparent program support group will be suspended.
- All recreational activities will be suspended.
- Case Management Service will continue to be available.
- The food distribution program, in partnership with Casa de Peregriños, will take place as scheduled in a drive-through setting.
- All participants using Dial-A-Ride services or the Senior Program bus for the lunch program will be contacted for changes to their services and the City’s method of providing the meal.
For additional information please call 575/528-3000.