The Las Cruces City Council will conduct a closed meeting at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 17, to interview five finalists who will be considered for the City Manager’s position. The closed meeting will be at City Hall, 700 N. Main St.
Candidate interview times:
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Gregory Martin, Village Administrator for Los Lunas, New Mexico.
- 10:10 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. – Veronica Soto, Neighborhood Services Director for the City of San Antonio, Texas,
- 11:20 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. – Kenneth Young, Loudoun County, Virginia.
- 1:20 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. – David Dollahon, Assistant City Manager, Chief Operating Officer for the City of Las Cruces.
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – William Studer, Assistant City Manager, Chief Executive Officer for the City of Las Cruces.
The five finalists will also meet individually on Tuesday, March 17, with a panel of City staff members and a stakeholder panel.
Following Tuesday’s meetings, City Council will meet in closed session Wednesday, March 18, when they could select the top two finalists.
A community reception that was initially scheduled the evening of March 18, has been canceled due to current health concerns involving COVID-19.
Instead, at noon Wednesday, March 18, the City will televise and live stream presentations from the top two city manager finalists. The presentations will be streamed live on the City’s Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/CityofLasCruces/, and will be posted on the CLC-TV YouTube page, at https://www.youtube.com/CLCTV20 for later viewing. The presentations will be televised live on cable channel 20 in Las Cruces.
The two top finalists for the city manager position will introduce themselves and briefly share their views about possibly being City Manager.