News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/9/2019 3:32:00 PM to 5/9/2019 3:32:57 PM.
Posted on: April 29, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Asylum-Seekers Report for April 29, 2019
- 103 asylum-seekers were received Sunday, April 28, 2019. The outflow was 103 as all of Sunday’s arrivals were transported to the Annunciation House in El Paso.
- There were no (0) asylum-seekers sheltered in Las Cruces overnight (Sunday to Monday).
- Prior to 1 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019, 85 asylum-seekers were brought to Las Cruces: 45 have already been transported to Annunciation House in El Paso while 40 remain in our care, awaiting travel arrangements, and will be sheltered at St. Anthony’s pending transportation to the Annunciation House.
- We continue utilizing the triage center as the intake and travel hub until the armory location opens for use.
- The Annunciation House continues to partner with us and we have a good working relationship with them.
- We’re still looking for long-term support from non-governmental organizations.
- Volunteer scheduling is still underway.
- We are still in need of laundry facilities.