In alignment with New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s updated public health emergency order, the City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department is extending its closure of all City-run programs, facilities and parks until further notice to ensure every person’s well-being while practicing social distancing and staying home.
Operational closures until further notice:
- Practice, League Play, and tournaments on all City facilities (athletic fields).
- All youth and adult programming.
- All fitness classes.
- Juvenile Citation Program (JCP).
- Keep Las Cruces Beautiful (KLCB) Program.
- Administration offices are closed.
Facility closures until further notice:
- East Mesa Recreation Center, 5589 Porter Dr., Frank O’Brien Papen Center, 304 Bell Ave. and The Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.
- · The Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave.
- · Frenger Swimming Pool, 800 Parkview Dr.
Specialty parks closures until further notice:
· Butterfield Shooting Range
· Skate Park
· BMX Track
· Dog Park
· RC/Archery Park
· Athletic Ballfields
· Tennis/Pickleball Courts
All City-owned parks are closed, and services, which include medians, right of ways (ROW), alleys, parks, trails, restrooms and fountains are suspended until further notice.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation Department Administration Offices 575/541-2550.
City of Las Cruces news releases are available on the home page of the City website at las-cruces.org under News & Announcements and can be translated into Spanish and multiple other languages using the Select Language feature on the lower right side of the page.