U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich will be hosting a teleconference tomorrow, Tuesday, April 14 at 10 a.m. MT to help small business owners and nonprofit leaders access new funding included in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The new law contains major provisions to provide relief to small businesses and nonprofits hurt by the coronavirus pandemic and its required public health responses.
>>Please register for the small business and nonprofit teleconference here.
Once you register, we will dial your phone at the beginning of the teleconference. You simply answer the call to join the live forum.
My goal is to help you navigate these new resources effectively so that you can focus on running your business and supporting your community. That is why I am working with the Small Business Administration, our Small Business Development Centers, and other partners to put together this forum where you will:
- Hear from issue area experts about the new programs available to your small business or nonprofit through the CARES Act including the Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- Find out how to get connected to a local small business advisor.
- Learn about what resources are available to you and the processes for receiving support.
The lineup of speakers will include:
- U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich
- N.M. Secretary of Workforce Solutions Bill McCamley
- John Garcia, District Director, Small Business Administration New Mexico District Office
- Russell Wyrick, Executive Director, New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network
- Daniel Schlegel, Small Business Advisor, Office of the Governor
Small businesses and nonprofits are the cornerstones of thriving communities across our state and need support now more than ever. The economic relief measures we passed in the CARES Act funds grants and loans from the Small Business Administration to provide essential support for New Mexico small businesses and nonprofits to keep their employees on payroll and meet their expenses. I am committed to holding the Trump administration accountable for delivering this much needed relief to our state as soon as possible.
>>I hope you can join me for this teleconference on Tuesday, April 14 at 10 a.m. to learn more about these sources of support and navigate the process to apply.
Please note that registration will close on Monday, April 13 at 5 p.m.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Heinrich’soffice by calling (202) 224-5521 or by visiting my website.