Mayor Ken Miyagishima and the other six city councilors are reaching out to the community with helpful coronavirus information through a new bi-lingual, multi-media campaign. In a series of videos, the councilors address a variety of COVID-19 related topics:
· Mayor Ken Miyagishima: Adhering to the Emergency Order
· Mayor Pro Tem Kasandra Gandara, District 1: Child Abuse Prevention
· Councilor Tessa Abeyta-Stuve, District 2: Mental Illness Awareness
· Councilor Gabe Vasquez, District 3: City Council Emergency Actions
· Councilor Johana Bencomo, District 4: Health Tips
· Councilor Gill Sorg, District 5: City Tap Water Quality
· Councilor Yvonne Flores, District 6: Patience and Kindness
Councilors Flores, Vasquez, Gandara and Bencomo also recorded the videos in Spanish.
The English videos are closed captioned in Spanish and are posted one-per-day throughtoday, April 17, on the City’s social media sites; Facebook@cityoflascruces, Instagram@cityoflascrucesgov, Twitter@clcgov, Youtube/clctv20 and online at las-cruces.org.
The Spanish language videos are on Facebook and Instagram in a paid advertising campaign specifically targeting Spanish speakers.
The videos will also be televised hourly on the City’s government access channel, CLC-TV Comcast channel 20 in Las Cruces.
Audio from the videos are used as radio spots that are airing on Las Cruces radio stations, including the Spanish language station.
All the videos in English and Spanish can be accessed on the home page of the City of Las Cruces website under Hot Topics