In an effort to recognize those on the front lines battling the COVID-19 pandemic, four F-16s from Holloman Air Force Base will conduct a flyover in southern New Mexico, May 15, 2020.
The flyover symbolizes appreciation for the healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential personnel for their selfless service, as well as share Holloman’s appreciation for its surrounding communities.
On Friday, May 15, the F-16s will fly in formation over the following cities at these approximate times:
• Roswell – 5:25 PM (Flying Over North to South)
• EASTERN NEW MEXICO MEDICAL CENTER
• LOVELACE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
• Ruidoso – 5:35 PM (Flying Over East to West)
• LINCOLN COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
• SOUTHERN DOWNTOWN
• Cloudcroft – 5:40 PM (Flying Over North to South)
• VILLAGE CENTER
• Alamogordo – 5:45 PM (Flying Over North to South)
• GERALD CHAMPION REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
• ALAMOGORDO HIGH SCHOOL – TIGER STADIUM
• Holloman AFB Housing – 5:45 PM (Flying Over East to West)
• Las Cruces – 6:00 PM (Flying Over North to South and then East to West)
• EAST LAS CRUCES
• MOUNTAIN VIEW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
• MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
• NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
• DOWNTOWN LAS CRUCES
• WEST/CENTRAL LAS CRUCES
As part of the “Air Force Salutes” campaign, this is a way that Airmen can honor community members who embody the Air Force core value of service before self.
“All the front line workers, from doctors and nurses to truckers and grocery store clerks, are the true heroes of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Col. Joseph Campo, 49th Wing commander. “I’m honored to offer a gesture to acknowledge their sacrifice and salute them for their selfless service while inspiring the nation to remain strong. Additionally, the flyovers are another way to say thank you to our community for their continued partnership and support.”
Times are subject to change. Check the Holloman Air Force Base Facebook page at “Holloman AFB – 49th Wing” for updates.