Frenger Pool and the Regional Aquatic Center (RAC) will open with limited access beginning Monday, June 15 as part of the City of Las Cruces Parks and Recreation Department’s Covid-19 phased plan. Frenger Pool will open for lap swimming by reservation only. The Regional Aquatic Center (RAC) will open for lap swimming, channel use, and upstairs gym use, also by reservation. (Reservations allow employees to schedule decontamination cleaning according to use.) Limited use of the facilities is aligned with directives from New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s extended public health emergency order, which remains in place, and the New Mexico Department of Health guidelines.
Reservations will be taken by phone call only. (Online reservations will not be available due to the limited capacity.) Pool rentals are not currently available.
Customers can call the RAC between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 575/541-2782 on Friday, June 12, to make June 15 reservations for a lane at Frenger pool and a lane or gym time at the RAC. The continuing reservation process and restrictions are as follows:
· A 24-hour advance window will be provided prior to each day for reservation. For example, June 16 reservations can be made between 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on June 15.
· Lap lanes, channel lane, and gym will be available in 45-minute sessions beginning at 7:30 a.m., and each hour after that – the last reservation will be 6:30 p.m.
· Swimmers younger than 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years or older, swimming in the adjacent lane.
· Only one reservation per day.
· One person per lane.
· The Gym limit is 12 customers per hour/session. Sessions are limited to 45 minutes.
· Cancellation of reservation is requested at least one hour before the scheduled session.
Phase Two Pool Hours
The Regional Aquatic Center
7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
8 a.m. – 7 pm. Saturday
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Outdoor city pools will open under COVID-19 restrictions after required annual inspections are completed. Inspections are mandated by the New Mexico Environmental Department (NMED). Splash pads/fountains will remain closed pending further directives from the Office of the Governor and NM Department of Health.
For up-to-date park schedules and information, go to www.las-cruces.org/COVID19ParkSchedule. Contact Parks & Recreation Department Administration Offices 575/541-2550 or email at CLCEngage@las-cruces.org.
City of Las Cruces news releases are available on the home page of the City website at las-cruces.org under News & Announcements and can be translated into Spanish and multiple other languages using the Select Language feature on the lower right side of the page.