The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department continues to observe its Phase 2 status for parks and recreational programs that follow COVID-19 safe practices and the State Public Health Order still in place which includes:
1. Wearing face coverings in public
2. Practicing social distancing.
3. Limiting the numbers of people gathering to five or fewer
The following information is current as of Thursday, July 2. Park schedule updates are available at www.las-cruces.org/COVID19ParkSchedule.
Trails and public parks that are currently open with restrictions outlined for masks, group size, and social distancing:
· All-City trails
· Klein Park (Council District 1)
· Tony Gomez Park/Frenger Park (Council District 2)
· Las Cruces Dog Park (Council District 3)
· La Llorona Park (Council District 4)
· Twin Parks (Council District 5)
· Desert Trails Community Park (Council District 6)
Regional Aquatic Center – Limited lane and channel use and gym use by reservation only.
Frenger Pool – Limited lane use by reservation only.
· The 2020 Summer Recreation Program will begin on Wednesday, July 15 – Friday, August 7. Registration will begin Tuesday, June 30 thru Monday, July 6. Program and activities will follow the Governor’s guidelines on group size and social distancing. Masks must be worn during the camp, and handwashing stations will be provided. Go to www.las-cruces.org/summer-recreation for more information.)
Specialty parks and facilities closures until further notice:
· City Parks (except those designated open; no services including water fountains and restrooms.)
· Skate Park
· BMX Track Athletic Ballfields
· East Mesa Recreation Center
· Frank O’Brien Papen Center
· Meerscheidt Recreation Center
Operational closures until further notice:
· Sports practice, league play, and tournaments on all City facilities (athletic fields and parks).
· Parks permits are not being issued due to restrictions on group gatherings.
· Youth and adult programming (except limited Summer Recreation Program. Go to www.las-cruces.org/summer-recreation for more information.)
· All fitness classes
· Juvenile Citation Program (JCP) activities.
· Keep Las Cruces Beautiful (KLCB) Program activities
· Administration offices are closed
For more information, visit las-cruces.org/COVID19ParkSchedule. Contact Parks & Recreation Department Administration Offices 575/541-2550 or email at CLCEngage@las-cruces.org.