The City of Las Cruces Community Development Department will hold a “chalk the walk” activity with the Youth Services Weed & Seed program from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 24, 2019 in conjunction with the next phase of the Elevate Las Cruces comprehensive plan update. Program youth, accompanied by City staff, will use stencils to chalk “Elevate Las Cruces” logos and other creative designs at five high-profile locations throughout the city. The activity will help promote the next series of open houses and design workshops scheduled for public participation as part of the comprehensive plan update.
Save the date for Elevate Las Cruces open houses and design workshops:
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, May 28th: Design Workshop Kick-Off.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 29th: Comprehensive Plan Open House.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 30th: Comprehensive Plan Open House.
- 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 29th and May 30th: Open Design Studio.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, May 31st: Open Design Studio.
- 8 a.m. to Noon Saturday, June 1st: Public Information Booth at the Farmers and Crafts Market in Downtown Las Cruces.
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, June 1st: Design Workshop, Work-in-Progress Presentation.
The City of Las Cruces initiated Elevate Las Cruces to update the City’s comprehensive plan, a community driven document that defines the long-term vision for growth and prosperity for all residents. The comprehensive plan serves as a guide for future development and redevelopment for the next 20 years and beyond.
Interested individuals are invited to learn more about the City’s comprehensive planning effort by accessing the project website at: www.elevatelascruces.com.
For information contact Srijana Basnyat, Project Manager, at 575/528-3079 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.