The City of Las Cruces will be begin The Tashiro Drive Widening Project within the next two weeks. (See Project Scope and Phases Below)
MOST RECENT NEWS RELEASE RELATED TO PROJECT LISTED 1ST
Tashiro Drive Construction Notice (Issued October 15, 2020)
Tashiro Drive, from north Valley Drive to 3,100 feet west, is scheduled to undergo utilities and roadway reconstruction by Morrow Enterprises, Inc., as part of the City of Las Cruces Tashiro Drive Widening Project.
Work will begin Monday, Oct. 26, 2020, and the closure is estimated to last approximately five months. Work will take place between 7 a.m. and as late as 6 p.m.
During construction, access to Tashiro Drive from north Valley Drive will not be permitted. Signs and detours will be present directing traffic around the closure by way of west Picacho Avenue. Access to the Field of Dreams facility and baseball complex will be available through Tashiro Drive via north Motel Boulevard.
The City has verified that no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in that immediate area during this time. RoadRUNNER Transit routes will not be affected.
This closure will be in City Council District 4.
For information, call the Public Works Department/Construction Management at 575/528-3098. The TTY number is 575/541-2182.
The entire project will begin October 2020 and may take nine months to complete in the course of 3 phases.
The Project aims to work on:
- Curb and gutter
- Sidewalks and ADA ramps
- New signals and signal modifications
- Street lighting
- Signing and striping
- Fencing, irrigation, and landscaping
- Water Line extension
- Sewer Extension
- Gas Services
PHASE I CONSTRUCTION
- Full Re-Construction of Tashiro Drive - 3100 LF
- Extend Water Line 2,700 LF
- Extend 8" Sewer Line 665 LF
- Minor Signal Modifications at Valley Dr.
- Tie to Existing 60' CMP Storm Drain W/ LATERAL D.I.'S
- New Strom Drain System East of Mesilla Drain
- Landscaping and Irrigation System
PHASE II CONSTRUCTION
- Full Reconstruction of Tashiro Drive - 1/150 LF
- Complete Storm Drain System to the Mesilla Drain
- New Signals at Motel Blvd.
- Water Line Lowering
PHASE III CONSTRUCTION
- Widen Tashiro Drive - 275 LF
- Signal Installation
- Signing & Striping W/2- Through, 1-Left Turn, 1 Right Turn Lanes
- May be Constructed Concurrent w/Phase II if approved