Because Dona Ana County slipped back to Red-Level restrictions for public spaces due to the pandemic, the City of Las Cruces Parks and Recreation Department must close its aquatics facilities and all recreation centers with no clear date when reopening can occur. The closures affect the following beginning Saturday, February 27:
- Regional Aquatic Center – Upstairs fitness, and aquatic area.
- Frenger Swimming Pool – Lap swimming
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center – Tutoring
- East Mesa Recreation Center – Tutoring
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center – Tutoring
- Safe Haven – Tutoring
Parks and Recreation will continue to offer Grab-N-Go meal services at its facilities:
- A. Fielder Memorial Safe Haven building, 906 N. Tornillo St.
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.
- Henry R. Benavidez Center, 1045 McClure Rd.
- East Mesa Recreation Center, 5589 Porter Dr.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 Bell Ave.
All other facilities, including sports courts, parks and trails, must return to groupings of five or fewer people (down from 10 or fewer), and the public is reminded to observe COVID-Safe practices to wear face masks, stay socially distant and wash hands frequently.
Complete COVID-19 related updates can be found at www.las-cruces.org/COVID19ParkSchedule. To contact the Parks and Recreation Department Administration Offices, call 575/541-2550 or email at ParksandRecAdmin@las-cruces.org.