With Doña Ana County now in the Yellow Level of the New Mexico Department of Health's (NMDOH) Red to Green Framework, the City of Las Cruces Parks and Recreation Department will reopen some of the allowed facilities and/or programs.
The Walking Program/0-60 is designed to get you walking up to 60 minutes in 12 weeks! It begins with 20-minute walks, three times a week, and works up to 60 minutes. Distance is not the priority, movement is. No racing or competition, just a focus on health and well-being.
Participants walk at their own pace for a set time. Distance will be tracked every day to monitor individual improvement. All participants will meet at Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave.
The walks take place from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, April 12 through July 2.
Reservations will be taken by phone call only at 575/541-2454 between the hours of 8 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday, beginning April 1, 2021. Online reservations will not be available due to limited capacity. The continuing reservation process and restrictions are as follows:
- Patrons will be required to have an updated waiver.
- Patrons and staff will always be required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth.
- Patrons can check in no more than 10 minutes before the scheduled session begins and will have their temperature checked upon their arrival.
- Patrons will be required to bring their own water.
- The fee is $12 per month per walker and includes tracking of progress for the 12 weeks of the program.
Complete COVID-19 related updates can be found at www.las-cruces.org/COVID19ParkSchedule. To contact the Parks and Recreation Department Administration Offices, call 575/541-2550 or email at ParksandRecAdmin@las-cruces.org.