News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/15/2021 2:24:20 PM to 6/19/2021 12:00:00 AM.

News Flash

City Manager Report

Posted on: June 15, 2021

[ARCHIVED] Eight Cadets Set to Graduate from LCPD’s Academy

LCPD Academy Graudates

The Las Cruces Police Department will graduate eight cadets Friday, June 18 from its 50th law enforcement training academy.

The graduation ceremony will be at 2 p.m. Friday in the Oñate High School auditorium. Because of ongoing public health concerns, attendance at the graduation ceremony will be limited to the cadets, their families, Las Cruces police officials and invited guests.

The police cadets expected to graduate are Antonio Chavez III, Alexis Gomez, Richard Rivera, Kebar Rodriguez, Guadalupe Salinas, Selena Tarin, Nathaniel Telles and Brandon Villarreal.

The eight graduates have completed rigorous training exercises and passed comprehensive state exams that makes them eligible for New Mexico peace officer certification. The education LCPD cadets receive exceeds requirements established by the New Mexico Department of Public Safety.

LCPD’s state-certified academy provides more than 1,000 hours of law enforcement education and training. The vast majority of the academy training, roughly 75 percent of it, is classroom instruction. The remaining 25 percent consists of field training in and around Las Cruces. Upon completion of the academy, each graduate will be assigned to an experienced field training officer who will guide them for an additional 16 weeks of instruction before becoming patrol officers.

The Las Cruces Police Department is accepting applications for its 51st training academy that begins in January 2022. Applications must be submitted no later than July 30, 2021. Early submission of applications is encouraged. Prospective applicants can speak with an LCPD recruiter by texting JOINLCPD to 575/376-6817.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City Manager Report

Thomas Branigan Library

Crocodile Movie for Families

Posted on: June 5, 2023

Community Cookbook Project

Posted on: June 5, 2023

Children's Book Fair at Sage Café

Posted on: June 2, 2023
Visita Las Cruces Unveils New Logo

Visit Las Cruces Unveils New Logo

Posted on: May 30, 2023
Kids Expo

Kids EXPO 2023

Posted on: May 26, 2023
Model wearing dress made out of recycled items

Trashion Fashion Show

Posted on: May 25, 2023
Free Swim Days 2023

Free Swim Days 2023

Posted on: May 22, 2023
Photo of Downtown Las Cruces from sidewalk looking at the exterior signs of businesses.

SizeUp Business Tool

Posted on: May 15, 2023
People watching a movie in the park

2023 Movies in the Park

Posted on: May 11, 2023
Shoulder Work

Las Cruces Dam Maintenance

Posted on: May 1, 2023
Volunteers picking up trash in front of colorful mural

Team Up to Clean Up 2023!

Posted on: January 19, 2023
Small toy tractor pushing alphabet block which read B I D

New Website Bid Module

Posted on: August 12, 2021