Streets Management will be applying a chip seal surface treatment on various streets, beginning Monday, August 2. The work is scheduled to be completed Friday, August 13. This is phase one of a two phase project. Phase two will consist of a micro-surface treatment on a later date. This schedule is subject to change.
For the public’s convenience, crews will work from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday leaving the weekends free of construction activity. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained with periodic closures during the construction period. Motorist are asked to find alternate routes.
The closure will not affect RoadRUNNER Transit routes and will be in City of Las Cruces Council Districts 1 & 4.
The City has verified that no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in that immediate area during this time.
For more information, please contact Streets Management at 575-541-2595.
Streets to be affected:
- Harvard Dr. from Almeda Blvd. to West End (District #1)
- Humbert St. from N. Reymond St. to Armijo St. (District #1)
- Townsend Terrace from N Alameda Blvd. to Del Mar Ave. (District #4)
- N. Armijo St. from Picacho Ave. to Parker Rd. (District #1)
- Briarwood Loop from Hoagland Rd. to Hoagland Rd. (District #4)
- Camelot Dr. from Hoagland Rd. to South Cul-De-Sac (District #4)