Streets Management will be applying a chip seal surface treatment on various City streets, beginning Tuesday, Aug.3, 2021. The work is scheduled to be completed Friday, Aug. 13, 2021.
Streets to be affected on Tuesday August 3 include:
- West May Avenue, from south Water Street to Alameda Boulevard (City Council District 1).
- West Griggs Avenue, from south Miranda Street to Water Street (City Council District 1).
- Brownlee Avenue, from north Alameda Boulevard to Miranda Street (City Council District 1).
- South Reymond Street, from west Griggs Avenue to west Amador Avenue (City Council District 1).
- North Compress Road, from Hadley Avenue to Amador Avenue (City Council District 4).
This is Phase One of a two-phase project. Phase Two will consist of a micro-surface treatment on a later date. This schedule is subject to change.
For the public’s convenience, crews will work from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday, leaving evenings and weekends free of construction activity. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained with periodic closures during the construction period.
Motorist are asked to find alternate routes.
The closure will not affect RoadRUNNER Transit routes. The project will be in City Council districts 1 and 4.
The City has verified that no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in that immediate area during this time.
For information, call Street Management at 575/541-2595.