The City of Las Cruces Streets Management will apply a chip seal surface treatment on several City streets beginning Friday, Aug. 6, 2021.
The work is scheduled to be completed by Friday, Aug. 13, 2021.
Streets to be affected on Friday, August 6 include:
- Christine Court, from Sheryl Way to Cindy Place (in City Council District 3).
- Paula Place, from Sheryl Way to Christine Court (in City Council District 3).
- Cielo Bonito Court, from Spitz Avenue to Topley Avenue (in City Council District 1).
- Cielo Vista Court, from Spitz Avenue to Topley Avenue (in City Council District 1).
- Rouault Avenue, from Cory Drive to the cul-de-sac (in City Council District 1).
- Lavender Drive, from the arroyo crossing Rio Bravo Way (in City Council District 5).
This is Phase One of a two-phase project. Phase Two will consist of a micro-surface treatment at a later date. This schedule is subject to change.
For the public’s convenience, crews will work from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday, leaving evenings and the weekend free of construction activity. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained with periodic closures during the construction period. Motorist are asked to find alternate routes.
The closure will not affect RoadRUNNER Transit routes and will be in City Council Districts 1, 3, and 5.
The City has verified no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in those immediate areas during this time.
For information, call Streets Management at 575/541-2595.