The City of Las Cruces Streets Management will apply a chip seal surface treatment on various City streets, beginning Monday, Aug. 9, 2021.
The work is scheduled to be completed Friday, Aug. 13, 2021.
Streets to be affected on Monday, August 9 include:
- Medpark Drive, from Idaho Avenue to Perkins Drive (in City Council District 3).
- Calle del Encanto, from Brown Road to Avenida de Mesilla (in City Council District 4).
- Westgate Street, from Amador Avenue to the cul-de-sac (in City Council District 1).
- Maese Lane, from Picacho Avenue to Burgers Drive (in City Council District 4).
- Alamosa Avenue, from Avenida de Mesilla to the end of the pavement (in City Council District 4).
This is Phase One of a two-phase project. Phase Two will consist of a micro-surface treatment at a later date. This schedule is subject to change.
For the public’s convenience, crews will work from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday leaving evenings free of construction activity. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained, with periodic closures during the construction period.
Motorist are asked to find alternate routes.
The closures will not affect RoadRUNNER Transit routes. The work will be in City Council Districts 1, 3, and 4.
The City has verified that no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in those immediate areas during this time.
For information, call Streets Management at 575/541-2595.