The City-wide spring/summer daytime outdoor watering (from April 1 through September 30) restricting customers from watering during the hours between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., has expired for the year.
October 1 through March 31 allows customers to water during these hours only on their designated watering days.
The Las Cruces Utilities (LCU) Water Conservation Ordinance and Regulations permits residents to water outside vegetation with:
- Even-numbered addresses on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Odd-numbered addresses on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
- No watering is permitted on Mondays.
Use the 24-hour LCU Water Conservation Program Hotline (575) 528-4444, and leave a recorded voicemail to report water waste that includes:
- Watering on the wrong day.
- Water leaving the property or ponding on the property.
- Not using a bucket and shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles or pavement.
- When calling please provide day, time, address, or location. The TTY number, for people who are hearing impaired, is (575) 528-3541.
LCU customers can monitor their water and gas consumption, set up alerts, usage limits, and pay their bill by signing up for free at LCUtilityHawk.com.
LCU encourages residents to use water wisely to conserve for future demand.