The Las Cruces City Council will conduct a two-day Budget Retreat that will aid in the development of the City of Las Cruces’ budget for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year, which begins July 1, 2022.
The Budget Retreat will begin at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022, at the Las Cruces Convention Center, 680 E. University Avenue. The second day of the Budget Retreat begins at 9 a.m. Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, at the Convention Center.
The Budget Retreat will be open to the public. COVID-19 safety protocols will be in effect, including mandatory face masks and social distancing while inside the Convention Center.
Presentations by City staff regarding various aspects of the City’s budget will be provided to City Council during both days of the Budget Retreat. Presentations scheduled the first day include:
- Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Environment.
- Overview of Elevate Las Cruces and the City’s Strategic Plan.
- City Council priorities.
- Fiscal Year 2023 considerations.
A breakout session, with City Council discussion, is scheduled Thursday afternoon after Council priorities have been presented.
Staff presentations to City Council during Friday’s portion of the Budget Retreat will include:
- Economic Development.
- An overview regarding debt.
- Utilities – Energy Transition.
- Outside agencies, including Animal Services and Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority.
- A discussion regarding next steps and closing comments.
The Budget Retreat will not be televised on CLC-TV, nor will it be streamed online.
Anyone who needs an accommodation for a disability that will enable them to fully participate in the Budget Retreat should call the City Clerk’s Office at 575/541-2115 or 575/541-2182 (TTY).