The City of Las Cruces has received 9,000 self test, at-home COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test kits as part of a joint distribution plan that includes the Doña Ana County Health and Human Services Department.
More than 3,200 kits have been sent to City facilities for distribution. The facilities include:
- Munson Senior Center, 975 S. Mesquite St., 575/528-3000.
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave., 575/541-2563.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Center, 304 W. Bell Ave., 575/541-2455.
- Sage Café Senior Center, 6121 Reynolds Drive., 575/528-3151.
- Henry Benavidez Community Center, 1045 McClure Road., 575/541-5188.
- Eastside Community Center, 310 N. Tornillo St., 575/524-1632.
- Mesilla Valley Intermodal Transit Terminal, 390 W. Amador Ave., 575/524-2835.
An additional 25,000 kits are in storage and are ready for distribution. Each kit contains two tests.
Anyone who picks up a free COVID test kit will be required to provide proof of residency. There will be a limit of three tests kits available to each family.
The New Mexico Department of Health purchased at-home COVID-19 test kits for distribution to areas with high social vulnerability to provide the tools necessary for residents to help combat the surge in COVID-19 cases in New Mexico.
For information, or questions about availability, residents can call the City facility where they want to pick up test kits.