News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/17/2022 9:31:21 AM to 6/23/2022 12:00:00 AM.

News Flash

City Manager Report

Posted on: June 15, 2022

[ARCHIVED] LCPD Academy to Graduate 28 Cadets on Friday

Police Academy Graduates

The Las Cruces Police Department will graduate 28 cadets from its 51st Academy on Friday afternoon, June 17.

The graduation ceremony will be at 1 p.m. Friday  at the Las Cruces Convention Center. Attendance for the graduation ceremony is limited to the cadets, their families, Las Cruces police officials and invited guests.

Of the 28 cadets expected to graduate, 26 will become officer-trainees with the Las Cruces Police Department while two will join the New Mexico State University Police Department.

The graduating class includes Gage Adler, Travis Allison, Christian Alvarez, Ramon Armendariz, Andrea Castaneda, Ivan Chacon, Edward Chavez, Christian Corral, Nathan Dorado, Frank Gamez, Adrian Hernandez, Carlos Hernandez, Jonah Hernandez, Marcus Hughes, Hilario Ibarra, Arnie Martinez, Joan Monsivias, Enrique Olivas-Gomez, Johnathan Pagan, Louis Reyna, Kimberly Rios, Karen Rodriguez, Ricardo Romero, Matthew Sanchez, Chanan Singh, Adam Takiari, Trent Williams and Jordan Zielke.

Edward Chavez and Jordan Zielke are graduating on behalf of the New Mexico State University Police Department.

All 28 graduates will have completed rigorous training exercises and passed comprehensive state exams that made them eligible for their New Mexico peace officer certification.

The education LCPD cadets receive exceeds requirements established by the New Mexico Department of Public Safety. LCPD’s state-certified Academy provides more than 1,000 hours of law enforcement education and training. The bulk of the academy, roughly 75 percent, is classroom instruction while the remaining 25 percent consists of field training in and around Las Cruces.

Upon completion of the academy, each graduate joining LCPD will be assigned to an experienced field training officer who guides them on an additional 14 weeks of instruction before becoming a patrol officer.

Anyone interested in a career as a Las Cruces police officer can speak with a recruiter by texting JOINLCPD to 575/376-6817.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City Manager Report

Kids Expo

Kids EXPO 2023

Posted on: May 26, 2023
Model wearing dress made out of recycled items

Trashion Fashion Show

Posted on: May 25, 2023
Free Swim Days 2023

Free Swim Days 2023

Posted on: May 22, 2023
Photo of Downtown Las Cruces from sidewalk looking at the exterior signs of businesses.

SizeUp Business Tool

Posted on: May 15, 2023
People watching a movie in the park

2023 Movies in the Park

Posted on: May 11, 2023

Hiking Trails in the Southwest

Posted on: May 8, 2023
Shoulder Work

Las Cruces Dam Maintenance

Posted on: May 1, 2023
Son Como Son

2023 Mayor's Jazz Fest

Posted on: March 30, 2023
Volunteers picking up trash in front of colorful mural

Team Up to Clean Up 2023!

Posted on: January 19, 2023
Small toy tractor pushing alphabet block which read B I D

New Website Bid Module

Posted on: August 12, 2021