Streets Management will be applying a chip seal surface treatment on various city streets beginning Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022, with expected completion Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.
Residents and businesses will be notified 24 hours prior to the work beginning.
Affected streets include:
- Hernandez Road: From Sexton Street to the dead end. This work will be in City Council District 1.
- Debra Street: From east Madrid Avenue to Mulberry Avenue. This work will be in city Council District 1
- San Augustin Drive: From Big Sky Drive to Real del Norte. This work will be in City Council District 5.
- Ivydale Drive: From Elks Drive for 870 feet. This work will be in City Council District 1.
- Heather Avenue: From Elks Drive to Nemesh Drive. This work will be in City Council District 5.
- Rio Bravo Way: From Elks Drive to Lavender Drive This work will be in City Council District 5.
- Rio Bravo Court: From Rio Bravo Way to the cul-de-sac. This work will be in City Council District 5.
This is Phase One of a two-phase project. Phase Two will consist of a fog seal treatment at a later date. This schedule is subject to change.
For the public’s convenience, crews will work from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained with periodic closures during the construction period. Motorist are urged to use caution through this area or use alternate routes.
RoadRUNNER Transit routes will not be affected. The City has verified that no conflicting public or private construction projects will take place in the immediate area during this time.
For information, please contact Streets Management at 575/541-2595 or by email at email@example.com.