Yes, the Las Cruces Municipal Court performs weddings on Fridays. A maximum of 2 ceremonies will be performed from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom Number 2 on the second floor with Judge Goldbaum. Weddings can be scheduled by calling the court at (575) 541-2224 or pending availability as a walk-in. Currently wedding parties will be limited to 4 people per ceremony. The wedding party will consist of the couple and their 2 witnesses, no children or other adults will be permitted.
Please follow these instructions/guidelines if you would like to get married at Municipal Court:
- You must obtain a marriage license from the Dona Ana County Clerks Office and bring all documentation with you to Municipal Court
- Bring 2 witnesses with you, the court does not provide witnesses. Witnesses must be at least 18 years old.
- If you require interpreters for this ceremony, please bring your own as court interpreters are not available.
- If you have specific vows that you would like to use, bring them with you and speak to the Judge before your ceremony takes place, otherwise the Judge will use standard vows
- Everyone must be masked and maintain 3-foot distance from all other persons, and pass the Covid-19 screening questions before entering the courthouse. (The New Mexico Supreme Court requires all New Mexico Courts to follow COVID-19 Protocols.)
- If Judge Goldbaum is not available for any reason, the ability to be married may be cancelled without notice
- Court staff does not facilitate wedding ceremonies at any other times, if you are interested in Judge Goldbaum performing a wedding at another location or another time, please see her in Courtroom Number 2 on Friday’s between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. to make your request to her
Other places to try locating a judge to perform your wedding:
- Dona Ana County Probate Judge, phone: 575-525-6132
- Dona Ana County Magistrate Court, phone: 575-524-2814